Personal Information Protection Policy
Mixi Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "mixi") is a company operating mainly in the fields of Internet media services in an effort to become a company that creates new values that have never existed in the world. Mixi recognizes that, as it receives personal information from its customers in providing its services, taking great care and protecting personal information is an important social mission that mixi is expected to carry out, and based on such recognition, all of its officers and employees are committed to complying with all laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information, guidance set out by the State and other relevant rules and norms. Furthermore, to realize the fundamental policies of mixi stated below, mixi hereby establishes its Personal Information Protection Management System in compliance with the "Personal Information Protection Management Systems - Requirements" of Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS) Q 15001 and declares that it will pay attention to changes in social demands at all times and improve its Personal Information Protection Management System on a continual basis with a unified effort by the entire company.
Establishment of Personal Information Protection Management System
With the recognition of the risks associated with handling personal information, including unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration and leakage to or of personal information, mixi will take all necessary corrective and preventive measures. Mixi also establishes and implements its Personal Information Protection Management System setting forth standards, rules, procedures and other necessary matters for the proper handling and operation of personal information.
Organizational activities to protect personal information
Mixi will conduct the following activities to implement the fundamental policies in a concrete manner:
- All officers and employees comply with all laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information, guidance set out by the State and other relevant rules and norms.
- Mixi appoints a Chief Privacy Officer and imposes on and grants to him/her the responsibility and authority to implement and operate its Personal Information Protection Management System.
- Mixi appoints a Certified Privacy & Security Auditor who shall be responsible for conducting internal audits concerning the implementation and operation of measures for the protection of personal information.
- Mixi requests cooperation from companies and individuals with whom mixi has business in relation to the protection of personal information.
- The fundamental policies are published or posted on mixi's website, at the entrance of mixi's premises and on mixi's Groupware to allow everyone inside and outside mixi to access and inspect them at any time.
- Mixi reviews its Personal Information Protection Management System from time to time to continually improve it.
Protecting personal information
- Respect for individual rights
Mixi respects individual rights related to personal information, and when you request that mixi disclose, correct, delete or suspend the use of your personal information, or submit complaints or requests for consultation concerning your personal information, mixi will respond to such request within a reasonable period to the extent it deems appropriate.
- Collection, use and provision of personal information
When collecting, using and providing your personal information, mixi expressly notifies you of the purpose of use and whether or not and/or to whom your personal information will be provided, uses such information within the scope of the purpose after obtaining your consent, and take necessary measures to prevent any unintended use.
- Implementation of security measures
Mixi establishes and maintains internal management rules to prevent any loss, leakage, unauthorized alteration or any other problem of or related to personal information and establishes and implements reasonable security measures.